Although not strictly speaking classed as baking, these treats are something I crave frequently so they need to be shared! They are perfect for students who have very little baking equipment and want a homemade naughty snack in a matter of minutes.
MAKES: 16 squares
1 Large Saucepan
1 Wooden or Metal Spoon
1 Baking Tin (any size)
180g Rice Krispies
290g Mini Marshmallows (If you want pretty pink squares like mine then use pink and white mini marshmallows; if not just use plain white ones)
45g Butter/Margarine (I like to use Stork Baking Spread)
- Melt the butter/margarine in a large saucepan on a low heat whilst continually stiring with a wooden or metal spoon
- Add the mini marshmallows and cook until fully melted
- Stir in the Rice Krispies gradually until combined – being careful not to crush them!
- Gently push the mixture into the baking tin evenly with the back of the spoon
- Leave to cool (or place in the fridge if you’re impatient like me)
- Cut into 16 squares
This “bake” cost me £2.27 by shopping at Morrisons and they are worth every penny and more! To compare this to the well-known branded version of these treats, Squares, you’d be saving a whopping £7.98 by making them yourself – not to mention you’d be saving yourself from all those mysterious added ingredients!